Palma.—Panic spread through a block of flats in calle Francesc Julia in Palma yesterday afternoon after a fire broke out in one of the apartments.
The alarm was raised at 2pm when the 112 emergency centre received a call reporting that thick smoke was beginning to billow out from a second floor apartment.

Fire fighters were at the scene within minutes and were forced to break the door down because there was no one in the flat at the time.
The blaze had apparently been started by a frying pan in the kitchen causing the thick cloud of smoke which filled the stair well.
Fire fighters extinguished the blaze in just 25 minutes, during which time neighbours were forced to stay inside their flats, for preventative reasons, while others had already fled to the roof for safety. No one was injured.

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.