Palma.Balearic environmental group GOB; which strongly opposed the initial construction of Palma's Son Reus Incinerator, yesterday said that the local Partido Popular government's plans to start treating Europe's waste in order to generate extra income from the incinerator is surreal. In a statement, GOB accused the government of being totally out of touch with how the rest of the world is treating the problem of waste. We need to be encouraging companies to reduce waste generation and be working to a zero waste' community but no, we've got the local government planning on turning the island into Europe's rubbish tip by importing waste for treating from across Europe. It's an insult to society as a whole that all they consider the island fit for is treating rubbish while other services and ways of generating new and extra income are being ignored, Gob added.
GOB slams PP's waste plan as surreal
Also in News
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Lady Di was planning on buying a house in Mallorca