Palma.The Balearic government's Interior department said that the figures had emerged after a series of patrols carried out by Local Police in Pollensa, Alcudia, Santa Margalida, and Muro. The checks on street vendors, carried out simultaneously at specific times in July and August focused on itinerant salesmen and women selling fruit, sunglasses, clothes and watches or offering to give back massages to tourists on the beach.
Illegal street trading surges on the coast
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca