Palma.Central Government delegate in the Balearic Islands, Teresa Palmer gave a speech on the occasion at the Almudaina in Palma, describing the Guardia Civil as the backbone of the State, and the means by which the rule of government law is ensured throughout the country. Not only are you guardians of democracy, liberty and justice but you are much, much more, said Palmer. She praised the Guardia Civil for continuing to act with commitment at a time of biting financial crisis. Despite the restrictions being placed on you, society acknowledges that you have upheld standards and values. Palmer said that she was sure that the armed force deserved much more than they were currently receiving, alluding to the fact that the tourist community in the Balearics enjoyed a high standard of safety thanks to the vigilance of the Guardia Civil. During her speech Palmer paid tribute to the two members of the Guardia Civil, Diego Salvá and Carlos Sáenz de Tejada who had given their lives two years ago in an ETA terrorist attack so that people in the Balearics might live in peace .
Guardia Civil honoured
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements