A spokesman for the regional Housing department said that the intention of the government is to help people who are most in need of assistance to have a place to live. Such categories, he clarified, include the young, families which are particularly numerous, people over the age of 65, single parent families, the handicapped and those who have been victims of domestic violence. In the case of these less privileged groups wanting to buy a property, the government measure will incorporate special mortgage conditions which will make up to 80 percent of the asking price available. If a second loan is necessary to cover the remaining 20 percent, the government will provide 1'500 euros to cover costs. Young people are to receive special help in the form of government backing for paying rental.
The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.
Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');
mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.
Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.