STAFF REPORTER

PALMA
GOVERNMENT sources in Ecuador have confirmed that the bodies of 41-year-old Wilmer Castillo and his ten-year-old daughter, Marel del Cisne Bustamante, who were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from a heater at the home in Maria de la Salut a week ago, are going to be repatriated.

The Secretary General for Immigration said yesterday that the paperwork is currently being processed.
The only survivor, Wilmer's wife and Marel del Cisne's mother, Eufemia, is said to be “recovering” from her ordeal and is still receiving psychological help.

She suffered minor of effects of inhaling the carbon monoxide given off by an apparently make shift heater.
According to the government sources, the family was suffering serious financial difficulties.
Both had been without work but Wilmer had received a job offer and was due to have started work on January 12.
The two bodies are expected top be flown home to Ecuador this coming week and the government sources said that they will offer Eufemia all the care and assistance she needs.

Comments

To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.