STAFF REPORTER THE Council of Majorca yesterday made its official application to UNESCO for the Tramuntana mountain range to be classified as a World Heritage Site. To promote the application and increase public awareness of the importance of the world heritage status - were it to be granted - to Majorca, the Council has also launched a school competition. The event is open to all ages, from primary through to pre-University years and requires entries in the form of colour slides, photographs, videos, sound recordings, murals or models based on studies made in the Tramuntana, to be handed in between 19th and 23rd April.
Tramuntana applies to UNESCO for world heritage site status
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less