THE Chamber of Commerce for Majorca, Ibiza and Formentera has proposed a project for the creation of a website specialising in encouraging tourism in the Pyrenees/Mediterranean area. This was presented to the summit meeting of the Euroregion which took place last week in Toulouse and, according to the organisers, had a great reception. The idea proposed by the Balearic Chamber of Commerce consists, basically, of the creation of a joint promotional website featuring the tourist attractions of the five communities which form the Euroregion (Catalonia, Aragon, the Balearics, Languedoc-Roussillon and Midi-Pyrenees). The website will jointly promote the attractions of these areas by the creation of routes and maps which show the connection between the communities and what specialities they have to offer tourists (castles, food, golf, boating, culture). To further the project a working commission has been created consisting of experts from all the regions involved whose object will be to create an integral tourist observatorio of the Euroregion.
Euroregion web site proposal
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less