Palma.The campaign was launched last Saturday in Calle Joan Miró in Palma, sources confirmed yesterday. Patrols stopped traffic and breathalysed drivers on six separate occasions lasting between 45 minutes and an hour throughout the night. Vehicles were selected at random from passing traffic, resulting in 39 cars being stopped in all. Of all the drivers subjected to breath tests, six proved positive after gauges showed they had drunk more than the legal limit and a seventh was found not fit to be behind the wheel after having taken cocaine.
Breath tests stepped up
Also in News
- New "Nomad visa" to be launched on January 1, new life in Spain awaits
- Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló in Turin with their baby boy
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- End of the road in sight for British driving licence saga in Spain
- New owner of "Night Manager" estate in Pollensa asks permission to carry out improvements