PALMA council will in September start work on a cycle path 1'500 metres long which will run from Son Rapinya to Joan Ripoll Trobat, adding to the 20 kilometres of existing cycle paths in the city, announced Carlos Veramendi, city councillor for transport, at a press conference yesterday. He added that the cost of the work will be 172'000 euros, of which 52'000 will come from the council and the rest will come from the Balearic Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy through a global agreement for the development of cycle paths which both administrations signed last July. He said that there are actually two stretches of cycle track planned, one in the Cami dels Reis and another in the Cami de la Vileta. Because of this, he said, once this new project is finished this area of Palma will have a route around the city which will link important sporting and education centres. With this cycle path we will complete a ring of 3'011 metres which will join the districts of Son Rapinya, Son Dameto and the Montesion and La Salle schools with the Son Moix sports centre and Stadium, said Veramendi.
New 1´500 metre cycle path for Palma
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike