THE 5th Science Fair will this year receive its visitors under the slogan Welcome aboard, because it will be centred around the relationship between the sea and science. The Balearic University (UIB) and many education centres on the islands will also be taking part. The Balearic Minister for the Economy, Tax and Innovation, Lluis Ramis de Ayreflor, presented this event yesterday, together with the Balearic Minister for Education, Francesc Fiol, and the Vice rector of the UIB's Scientific Investigation and Policy department, Francisco Muñoz. He highlighted the fact that this year, through webcams installed in the Fair site, anyone can watch what is going on in the Fair at any moment through the web page www.balersfaciencia.org. The show, which will cost 900'000 euros, will take place in Palma from April 27 to 29 (Thursday to Saturday) in the exhibition centre in the Poligono de Levante. It will also travel to Ibiza and be on there from May 11 to 13.
Science and the sea theme for Science Fair in Palma
Also in News
- "Massive queues" for British travellers at Palma airport
- Palma nightlife - Close at midnight or move to the industrial estates
- President Armengol comes to the defence of teacher in Spanish flag affair
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Woman arrested for biting off a man's earlobe at a Palma bar