T HE History of the Island of Minorca written by John Armstrong Engineer in ordinary to His Majesty and dedicated to Richard Offarrel, Brigadier and Colonel of the Infantry, was published in 1752. The book had been written as a series of letters by the professional engineer who went to spend time on Minorca between 1742 and 1752.
Minorcan wines, an 18th century legacy of success
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less