THE United Left/Green Party alliance on Palma council will propose, at the next council meeting, a modification to the municipal by law for noise levels to increase the limits on works with the aim of assuring the right of the residents to rest and to stop the unaccountability of big companies. A spokesperson for the group said their proposal is that noise above 65 decibels be banned on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays and on working days between 6pm and 8am. The alliance, who are proposing this because of the underground works on the train station in Palma, also want a restriction on the special authorisations which are within the power of the Mayor.
Proposal for limits on noise levels
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike