STAFF REPORTER PALMA'S rubbish collection and water management company, Emaya, is to install four new showers on Can Pastilla beach. Emaya President, Cristina Cerdó, said yesterday that although the beach already has showers in some areas, the move comes in response to calls for the increase in facilities which have been made over the years by local people. Many tourists visiting this area will also benefit from them, she added. Work on the two twin shower platforms will begin on Monday and will mean that traffic circulation along Calle Ciceron and Calle Cesar will be cut for five days. Emaya said yesterday that people wanting to get to locations in Calle Palangres can still do so but by approaching them from the beginning of the same road. This will enable drainage and supply facilities to be extended to the new showers on the sea front. The building will continue to the end of the month.
Four new showers for Can Pastilla beach
Also in News
- Strikes at Spain's airports over the festive period
- Balearics is for sale, over 91 hotels on the market
- Supermarket shop in Mallorca 70% more expensive than a year ago
- You no longer have to remove liquids, electronic device from your hand luggage at Palma airport
- How Harry and Meghan "snubbed" the Queen, Ibiza instead of Balmoral