By Humphrey Carter
THE occupants of seven million euro traditional Majorca-style chalet which caught fire in the early hours of Sunday morning were yesterday described as being “lucky” not to have been hurt.

All nine, five children and four adults, staying at the Camp de Mar property, escaped the flames which gutted the luxury chalet, uninjured.
The fire is understood to have been started just before 3am while everybody was asleep in bed by a spark from the barbecue they had apparently lit on Saturday night.

The fire apparently spread quickly to the porch and pool house which contained curtains, sun beds and flammable liquid.
From where, the blaze spread into the luxury property seriously damaging bedrooms, bathrooms, the dining room and kitchen. The sleeping occupants were woken by the thick smoke but it was apparently too late to fight the flames and everybody fled into the garden and waited for the emergency services.

The only incident involved a 12-year-old girl whose insulin was destroyed in the fire. She was taken to the Andratx medical clinic for medication.
It took fire fighters nearly two-and-a-half hours to extinguish the blaze which at its peak was said to have been extremely fierce and accompanied by thick smoke. The family have since moved in to the Hotel Dorint nearby.

Comments

To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.