Motorway attacked: minor held.

11-07-2012

National Police officers have detained a minor and four others have been questioned after a car was hit by a stone  thrown from one of the bridges which span the Palma to Inca motorway.
Earlier this week the police already arrested one man in connection with the attacks after a number of vehicles were hit by stones hurled from the bridges. The police thought that his arrest marked the end of the attacks until another vehicle was hit on Friday night and its woman driver was injured.
The police launched  a major investigation which led to the detention of a minor, who can´t be identified for legal reasons. The other four are also under age.
The police said that they all belonged to a gang in Son Cladera, a neighbourhood close to the Inca motorway.
The minor, who was detained by police, is 16 while the other four are aged between 12 and 14.
Police will will continue to step up their patrols along the bridges for the time being. Motorists have been told to be extra vigilant.

Comments

To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and be logged in.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.