The celebrations in honour of Palma’s patron saint, Saint Sebastian got under way on Saturday night and reached its climax last night, the eve of Saint Sebastian which is today, with the traditional night of live music in the city centre the hundreds of foguerons, or BBQs, for the tens of thousands of people who braved the cold to dance the night away, cook some typical Majorcan fare on the BBQs while also keeping warm. Saint Sebastian was a Christian saint and martyr, who is said to have been killed during the Roman emperor’s persecution of the Christians.
Palma celebrates Saint Sebastian
Also in News
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Briton drowns in Can Picafort