One of the big underlying questions in the debate about the Spanish economy, which is said to be growing at a rate of three per cent, faster than Germany and many of its neighbours, is whether it is expanding on solid foundations or just through the summer boom in tourists and temporary workers. Quite simply, are these short or long-term green shoots?
Temp jobs are growing fast in Spain but is that a good thing?
Unemployment is stubbornly stuck at around 13% in Italy and 23% in Spain.
Also in News
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!
- Work from home in Spain with a new five year VISA and you even get tax breaks!