An extraordinary meeting of the Council of Majorca on Thursday next week will approve a moratorium on large retail outlets for a maximum of three years, the period during which the general plan for commercial establishments is to be drawn up. Its approval is not likely to be until 2017. After it is approved, the moratorium should, at a later date, be lifted.
Three-year moratorium on large retail outlets
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics