Luis Martin, the president of the Balearic Association of Developers, warned yesterday that there is an acute shortage of housing in the Balearics and urged the government to work on ensuring that there was enough to meet demand. "We are on the point of this becoming a serious problem," he added, explaining that the situation is affecting the middle class in particular, while social housing is all but non-existent in meeting some 15,000 demands at present.
Balearics is running out of new housing
Also in News
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Ex-Ukrainian professional cyclist arrested in Mallorca
- Briton drowns in Can Picafort