It's a familiar enough complaint in the host town of Alcudia. When Ironman comes, as it does twice a year - the shorter event in May and the longer one at the end of September - getting around is difficult. Residents find roads closed for long periods of the day of the event. Some need to park cars in areas of the town the night before in order to be able to travel from Alcudia. Tourists can sometimes be dropped a distance from their accommodation, while in some instances they have to be collected hours before departure from the airport. Some businesses say they suffer because their usual clientele cannot get access to the port area in particular.
Caimari wants change to Ironman route
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike