The Balearics is the region of Spain to have lost more blue flags this year than any other region. Fifteen in all have been lost, including Camp de Mar and three in Palma, while there are three new ones in Majorca. Galicia is another region to have lost out, with eight fewer than in 2015, while Andalusia has two fewer. By contrast, Catalonia has nine new flags, Valencia five more, and Murcia, Asturias, the Basque Country and the Canaries have each gained four.
Balearics loses 12 Blue Flags this year
Also in News
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Mallorca fans see red over scantily clad dancers in VIP area!