The records in terms of tourist numbers keep being made. Although official figures for September's tourist arrivals have yet to be released, hotelier associations in the main resort areas all point to increased occupancy and profitability. Meanwhile, October has started with a bang. Courtesy of the German tourist market in particular - it was the national holiday for "Einheit", the reunification of east and west, on Monday - principal resorts on the island were registering high occupancy levels at the weekend. It is said that there was 100% in some hotels in the likes of Playa de Palma, Playa de Muro and Cala Ratjada.
Majorca's October tourism set to be the best for years
Also in News
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"