Spantax is a name from Spain's aviation past. In a Bulletin feature in April, it was in fact described as having provided "one of the more fabulous if disastrous stories of Spanish aviation". Just one example of this was when its co-founder, Rodolfo Bay Wright, was piloting German journalists to Hamburg in a Convair 990 to demonstrate the plane's safety. "On landing, he managed to stop the plane just before it would have gone into an office building. If this wasn't bad enough, there was the small matter of having landed at the wrong airport."
Council of Majorca comes to the rescue of the "Coronado"
Also in News
- The owner's fear of the 'tenant-squatter' in Mallorca
- Update: Mallorca December temperature records broken, Mallorca basks in sunshine, highs of 24ºC
- Housing law has reduced the number of homes to rent in Mallorca by up to 30%
- Top British cyclist trains in Alcudia
- Petition launched for a referendum on the UK rejoining the European Union