Yesterday was the day for new town hall councils to be confirmed. Councillors from winning and losing parties were sworn in, and there were investitures for mayors. As with the Balearic parliament, where there is an investiture for the government's president, the same procedure applies to mayors. A key aspect of the various pacts that have been created since the elections last month has been to ensure investitures.
New mayors sworn in across Majorca
Also in News
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less