The house in Vilafranca where fire claimed the life of a five-year-old.

27-01-2020Emilio Queirolo

An electrical fault is believed to have been the cause of the fire at a house in Vilafranca on Saturday which resulted in the death of a five-year-old child.

Guardia Civil forensics investigators have had to wait until Monday to properly start their investigation. This was due to the heat in the kitchen at the two-storey property. Initial examination points to the fire having started in plugs in the kitchen. The wall with these plugs was totally burned by the fire. A fridge and an electric heater were similarly affected.

At the time of the fire, it would seem that the child ran up to the second floor and into a bedroom. The flames took hold rapidly and his great-grandmother was unable to get to him. The emergency services were on the scene very rapidly but couldn't save the child, who died from smoke asphyxiation.

Related Tags

Comments

The content of comment is the opinion of users and netizens and not of mallorcadailybulletin.com.

Comments contrary to laws, which are libellous, illegal or harmful to others are not permitted');

mallorcadailybulletin.com - reserves the right to remove any inappropriate comments.

Warning

Please remember that you are responsible for everything that you write and that data which are legally required can be made available to the relevant public authorities and courts; these data being name, email, IP of your computer as well as information accessible through the systems.

* Mandatory fields

Currently there are no comments.