The Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) has been involved with a study which has identified genes of shepherds from the Eurasian Steppe in the genome of the most ancient settlers in the Balearics.
Tracing the origin of Majorca's earliest settlers
Also in News
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca