The Spanish government, having been defeated in Congress when its proposal for town halls to lend it money from their budget surpluses was voted down, has made a complete about-turn in the rules regarding these surpluses.
Town halls can use budget surpluses "without limits"
Also in News
- Missing British rugby player had been in the Balearics
- Diving with blue whales in Mallorca
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca doctors vote to go on strike