While I daresay that the lament of a great number of us at the disappearance of fairs (and fiestas) is on account of not being able to enjoy the entertainment that gets served up, I also imagine that it is because of the loss of the essential meaning and purpose of these events. In the case of the fiestas, the fundamentals revolve around the religious celebration and the traditions that have developed from this, while for fairs there is the hard-nosed business aspect. If it hadn’t been for this business, there wouldn’t have ever been fairs.
Fairs and fiestas
Forgetting the artisans in Mallorca
Also in News
- Massive security operation for Christmas in Mallorca
- Michael Douglas has a fortune of 350 million dollars, Mallorca home is one of his key assets
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- Mallorca security services on red alert for Spain-Morocco World Cup clash
- "The main economy in the Balearics has become the real-estate business"