The Mallorcan businessman, Francisco Lavao, was the founder of the supermarket chain SYP, which was sold to Eroski for the equivalent in pesetas of 90 million euros in 1997. In 1999, he created another company - Grupo Avalo - whose interests were in construction and luxury services. In September 2010, his body was found on a cliff near Cap Blanc in Llucmajor. He had committed suicide. His businesses had collapsed because of the financial crisis.
20 million euros prosecution demand for the founder of SYP's yacht
The yacht was registered in Melilla
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close," British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- Birthday celebrations for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones