The Guardia Civil's traffic division in Mallorca has two state-of-the-art drones that can fly at 120 metres and are equipped with high-definition cameras. They are watching out for infringements that can incur fines up to 500 euros. When notification of these is sent, a video sequence is included. The same video evidence is available to a patrol if it stops a driver. There is no doubt about the offence.
Drones - Traffic police in Mallorca's new eye-in-the-sky
Also in News
- Deal with Spain over British driving licences is "close", British ambassador gives update
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- Hundreds gather in Palma to denounce "tourism intensification"
- Heavy rains and big drop in temperatures forecast for Thursday
- U.S. super model takes refuge in Mallorca after being linked with Brad Pitt