Balearics would be most affected by rent cap legislation
The most restrictive scenario would apply to 94% of households in the Balearics.
Balearics wanting to cap rents in "stressed areas"
A problem is that the new national housing law is currently stuck in Congress.
Rents predicted to rise in Mallorca as mortgage costs increase
A Balearic government mortgage guarantee scheme for first-time buyers is only for properties valued up to 270,000 euros.
- Marga Prohens, the centre right politician who spent her summers in Southampton, looks set to be new Balearic President
- Six-year-old girl falls from a third floor in Palma
- Oprah Winfrey in Mallorca holiday
- Monday's weather in Mallorca - alerts for rain and thunderstorms
- It´s not fare. Palma taxi problems mount