This Wednesday marked the fortieth anniversary of autonomy for the Balearics and the 39th anniversary of Balearics Day. A public holiday since 1998, there are plenty of attractions in Palma each year. But this year there was an unexpected additional attraction - the sinkhole that had appeared on the Avenidas on Monday.
An unexpected attraction for Balearics Day - the Palma sinkhole
Making the most of it, as the sinkhole will soon be gone
Also in News
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Two more Michelin stars for Mallorca
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Police chase ends with arrest of one of Mallorca's most dangerous criminals