José María Manso is the chief inspector of the National Police's immigration division in the Balearics. In recent years, the number of people arriving illegally in small boats has risen sharply, and he says that "unfortunately, it's a great 'business' and it's very profitable".
Illegal migration to Mallorca is "unfortunately a profitable business"
Last year, the police arrested some fifty skippers of boats
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured