Huelva in Spain has paid tribute to Major William Martin. In fact a street has been named after him. The only problem is that Major William Martin never existed. He was probably dreamed up by former British Consul in Mallorca, Alan Hillgarth and Bond creator Ian Fleming.
Spain names street after "British man who never was"
Tribute to major World War 2 intelligence operation
Also in News
- Final touches to Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló's spectacular home in Porto Cristo
- Award-winning British actress braves the weather at home in Mallorca
- A Place in the Sun star gives Mallorca a shining endorsement
- The seven euro supermarket anti-wrinkle cream which is causing a sensation
- Scoff your ham and cheese sandwich before landing in Mallorca
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.