Stoppages by French air-traffic controllers in March and April caused huge disruption to flights.
Air traffic control in Mallorca is affected by what happens in Marseille.
The Marseille centre's control extends south towards Algeria.
More controllers for Mallorca.
The 82 air traffic controllers who took "sickies" in 2010 face possible four-year sentences for sedition.
It is not only French air traffic controllers who are taking industrial action, controllers in Barcelona have until Friday to decide whether to strike or not.
As high earners, the air-traffic controllers will have the means to pay fines resulting from the 2010 stoppage.
Nearly half a million passengers at Palma airport could be affected by French industrial action this weekend.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in "keeping a second home in Spain will no longer be viable."
- Fury in Spain over M&S's Chorizo/paella croquetas
- Boom in foreign real estate agencies in Mallorca's towns is over
- EasyJet adds two new UK-to-Mallorca routes for 2024
- Mallorcan shot dead in Brazil was "executed"