There was an 11.1% increase in average salary in the Balearics between 2014 and 2018.
The CCOO says workers haven’t had a pay rise since 2012.
A positive aspect of fijo discontinuo is that there are more employees with this type of contract actively working in the low season.
As well as the employees at the headquarters, there are some 2,500 who are employed by the 23 hotels that Thomas Cook managed in the Balearics.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- 30 litres of rain within minutes, freak storm leaves path of destruction
- Yellow alert extended for torrential rain in Mallorca
- Police concerned at the prospect of a summer of "recklessness"
- Whale of a time for Mallorca diver who saved trapped humpback