Spain in 1977 passed an amnesty law pardoning political crimes committed during the conflict.
Spain's coalition government to prosecute Franco-era crimes.
The bill will create two official remembrance days to honour the victims and the exiled, and an official registry of the victims will be set up.
A local worker removes a statue of former Spanish dictator Francisco Franco in Spain
The statue, erected three years after Franco's death in 1978, commemorated his role as commander of the Spanish Legion in the Rif War.
Governing Socialists have long sought to exhume Franco's remains.
Dictator's bones to be reburied today in family vault, in the Mingorrubio cemetery north of Madrid.
The location of Franco's tomb continues to fracture Spanish opinion with 43% in favour of the move.
Operational details will only be released to family members and the media 48 hours before the disinterment.
- Britons will have to pay to come to Mallorca from 2022
- More bad news for British residents driving in Spain
- Palma airport damaging Mallorca's image in the UK
- Tourist who dived into Magalluf pool was egged on by friends
- Enough is enough! Petition launched after UK driving licences banned in Spain for residents