Employees of French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen work on the new engine.
The transition from diesel is particularly marked in Europe, where sales of diesel vehicles made up at least 50% of the total as recently as 2015.
The ban contravened traffic regulations and limited the circulation of motor vehicles.
A complaint about Balearic legislation banning diesel vehicles has been lodged with the European Union
The vehicle manufacturers association object to the ban on new diesel vehicles from 2025.
Tourism would be harmed by a ban on new diesel vehicles from 2025.
Business associations claim the ban will increase contamination and not decrease it.
There has, however, been a reduction in the number of diesel vehicles.
- Class at Palma school sent home for displaying the Spanish flag
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Amber Heard helps put Mallorca on the global map
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Just passed his test, and four times over the limit