Last week the government broadened its definition of "gender violence" crimes.
Donald Trelford’s views on some of the stories of the week.
A minute's silence for a victim of gender-based violence.
Decreases in reports are said to reflect the impact of the health crisis.
The study showed that more than 17 per cent of girls still reported experiencing psychological abuse and control-based violence.
Dangerous online behaviours jumped significantly in 2020 compared to 2013
Lillemor Christina Sundberg passed away on Tuesday, eight days after suffering a brutal assault by her husband.
The Balearics record for gender-based violence isn't good.
There has been an increase in other forms of domestic violence.
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- Playa de Palma club faces huge fine for security breaches
- Prison for three people involved in the smuggling of 24 kilos of drugs into Mallorca