An Air Europa spokesperson declined to comment on the ongoing dispute.
Government concerns about jobs and flights.
For now, the loan means that Iberia will have the option of a 20% stake in Air Europa.
The Mallorca based group Globalia, which owns the airline Air Europa.
The Globalia headquarters in Llucmajor.
Hotels in the Dominican Republic are apparently also being offered as guarantee.
The sale of Air Europa comes with strings attached.
Iberia will pay 500 million euros but not until 2026.
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children