Hotel places have been snapped up by British, German, Swiss and Scandinavian tour operators.
Pollensa is the only one of Majorca's main tourism municipalities where supply of holiday rentals' places exceeds hotel places.
Payment to regularise over 5,000 hotel places provided investment for, among other things, resort infrastructure improvements.
- British driving licence deal could be "tied to agreement over Gibraltar"
- A night of heavy rain and destruction in Mallorca
- Spanish fury over British paella sandwich! Follow our perfect paella recipe
- Briton arrested for sexual advances on Liverpool flight
- When your English is only good enough for Magalluf!