Increased numbers of people on beaches have implications for the rescue services.
Police, medics and Civil Protection went to the scene after the lifeguard had initially revived the tourist.
An incident which demonstrates the need for longer lifeguard service hours.
Civil Protection were first on the scene.
The efforts of the lifeguards received applause from beachgoers.
A helicopter was needed for the rescue.
Emergency services at the scene on Tuesday.
The 37-year-old man couldn't swim.
The boy remains in a critical condition.
The child is in intensive care.
Emergency services seen at a distance from Son Serra de Marina.
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- 'She-devil' leader of Mallorca gang ordered to prison
- The ham war of Palma's Olivar Market to go to court
- Which supermarkets are open on December 6 and 8?
- Leader of a gang who stole from trucks in Germany arrested in Mallorca