Palma Son Sant Joan counted 4,378,210 passengers in July, an increase of 5.9% compared with last year.
The tourist numbers in Mallorca were therefore up; not hugely, but up nevertheless.
The previous record was in 2017.
A regional demand for a direct role in airport management is against a background of the debate about overcrowding in Mallorca.
Overcrowding was a problem this summer.
51% have a concern about tourist overcrowding on the streets of Palma.
Tourist overcrowding on the streets is the second main concern.
Huge problems of overcrowding in the Balearics this summer.
Balearic population nearly doubled on a single day in July.
Summer overcrowding caused a great deal of concern this year.
Negative social perception because of "obvious saturation".
Paguera's beach will plenty of tourists.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers
- Skiing in Mallorca has never been so easy