The levy raised more than 600 million euros this year, according to the Budget Ministry.
Isabel Rodríguez during today's press conference.
British media welcomes tourist tax freeze.
Calls to scrap the tax remain.
Local residents already have to pay some of the highest taxes in Spain.
The ecologists want the same to be applied to hire car and boat rental companies.
The British and the Spanish are not that keen.
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children