The opposition Partido Popular believe that the town hall administration doesn't really know what to do with the space.
b Arca wants the underground space to accommodate an interpretation centre, which basically means an information centre with knobs on.
Palma town hall admits there has been a "certain laxity" in applying regulations.
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children