From South Africa to Mallorca the artist recycling metal to weld together magical sculptures
"I love nothing better than finding a piece of rusting metal which is screaming out to be given some life..."
Are you Rubbish at recycling?
In a British newspaper recently that suggested that 6 out of 10 people surveyed said that they were “rubbish” at recycling.
Tourists need to be involved in waste reduction
Recycling in the Balearics has increased ten per cent in each of the past three years.
Bottle return system due to be introduced next year
The level of recycling in the Balearics is well below a European target for 2020.
Waste incinerators running at near capacity
There was meant to have been far more recycling. This accounts for just 15% of all Majorca's waste.
Drought plan to put onus on town halls to have reserve water supply
Among measures in the government's drought plan is the increased use of recycled water for agriculture and golf courses.
- Award-winning British actress braves the weather at home in Mallorca
- Final touches to Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló's spectacular home in Porto Cristo
- Scoff your ham and cheese sandwich before landing in Mallorca
- Friday's weather in Mallorca - another storm forecast
- Mallorca to remain on weather alert for the next week as freak storm hits
Are you rubbish at recycling? Shady beach behaviour and discreet poverty
Consider this; there are two of us at ‘ours’ and we generate as much rubbish in a day than a family of six would in a week - in the olden days!
Frank Leavers18/09/2019 11:45