The naked, silky smooth pine is then covered with a thick layer of soap before being winched up to its full height, using a primitive system of knotted ropes and elbow grease, by hearty volunteers ensconced at the top of the said church tower.
The latest meeting to discuss the fiestas was held earlier this week, and it confirmed that there would be no pyromusical.
Sant Antoni 2020 in Muro.
The paraphernalia for the Sant Antoni fiestas was staying in the wardrobe.
- Super luxury Scenic Eclipse comes out of the cold in Mallorca
- Big increase in Balearic snake population (and they can also swim!)
- Fire burns down a villa in Calvia
- British cruise ship which made controversial visit to Cornish town docks in Palma
- Illegal holiday homes could soon be available to rent (legally!)