This may go further in seeking a declaration as a World Heritage Site.
Matins services and the Sibil·la chant on Christmas Eve at churches across Majorca. Handel's "The Messiah" at the Sant Francesc Basilica in Palma. Numerous Christmas concerts and ongoing Christmas attractions - markets, circus and ice rinks.
In churches across Majorca on Christmas Eve there will be the chant of the Sibil·la, which was declared intangible cultural heritage by Unesco in 2010. A whole load more Christmas concerts, and the Christmas markets continue.
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca