Spain forces airlines and pilots to maintain a minimum number of flights during strikes.
Unions representing cabin crew in Spain said their plans for 10 days of strikes next month still stood.
Strike action would take place in late August.
Pilots, security personnel and baggage handlers are all expected to be involved.
An indefinite strike could happen the Saturday of Easter weekend.
Cabin crew is not ruling out further industrial action and is calling on pilots to join them.
Runway operators and staff at Palma airport are threatening strike action.
French air traffic controllers on strike this weekend.
It is not only French air traffic controllers who are taking industrial action, controllers in Barcelona have until Friday to decide whether to strike or not.
The two sides involved in the dispute over working hours and conditions for staff at the 112 emergency centre have reached a deal which will avert industrial action.
Rubbish isn't being collected and streets aren't being cleaned in Manacor.
Warehouses had been stocked up in anticipation of next week's strikes, but there are worries about the effects of strikes later in the month.
The Balearic Islands have a dependence on merchant shipping.
The industrial action by street cleaners and rubbish collectors immediately provoked angry complaints from residents and businesses.
- The owner's fear of the 'tenant-squatter' in Mallorca
- Update: Mallorca December temperature records broken, Mallorca basks in sunshine, highs of 24ºC
- Housing law has reduced the number of homes to rent in Mallorca by up to 30%
- Top British cyclist trains in Alcudia
- Petition launched for a referendum on the UK rejoining the European Union